Advocates for Youth
Nineteen programs – 16 sex education and three youth development programs – have been proven to reduce teen pregnancies and STDs or cause
at least two beneficial changes in sexual risk behaviors, according to Science and Success: Sex Education and Other Programs That Work to
Prevent Teen Pregnancy, HIV & Sexually Transmitted Infections, a report by Advocates for Youth.
(Source: Advocates for Youth)
For more information on Science and Success: Sex Education and Other Programs That Work to Prevent Teen Pregnancy, HIV &
Sexually Transmitted Infections, click on the links below.
SIECUS provides a state profile that includes the following information in the order listed:
- the total amount of federal abstinence-only-until-marriage funding the state receives;
- the state's current law(s) related to sexuality education;
- currently proposed legislation regarding sexuality education or abstinence-only-until-marriage policies;
- significant events or controversies regarding sexuality education or abstinence-only-until-marriage programs;
- statistics regarding teen sexual behavior, adolescent pregnancy, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) among teens;
- the use of Title V abstinence-only-until-marriage funding in the state, including (when applicable) the groups that receive this funding;
- groups within the state (if any) that receive CBAE or AFLA funding and how this funding is used;
- a chart listing all state-based entities receiving federal abstinence-only-until-marriage funds, including (when available) the amount of money each receives;
- contact information for the state's Title V abstinence-only-until-marriage coordinator;
- contact information for state-level organizations that support comprehensive sexuality education;
- contact information for state-level organizations that oppose comprehensive sexuality education; and
- contact information for major newspapers in the state, including specific contacts at those outlets who cover health and/or education issues.
Indiana State Department of Health
Center for Disease Control and Prevention
World Health Organization
- Descriptions of activities, reports, news and events, as well as contacts and cooperating partners in the various WHO programs and offices working on this topic. Also shown are links to related web sites and topics.