Who We Are
•Ver esta página en Español•
Get Real, Indiana! is a coalition of organizations calling for medically accurate, age-appropriate, affirming sexuality curricula for Indiana students.
We believe that:
- Parents have a right to choose appropriate sexuality curriculum for their children.
- Education is the key to a healthy and vibrant community.
- Truly honest sex education seeks to help all young people garner information and skills about taking care of their sexual health, and make responsible decisions.
- Comprehensive sex education is absolutely necessary for our youth to be able to avoid ignorance, unintended pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases.
View our full Mission Statement. (PDF)
Join Get Real, Indiana!
If you're part of the majority of Hoosiers who agree that Indiana students deserve accurate, age-appropriate, affirming sexuality education, here's how to help:
- Sign the online petition.
- Download the petition (PDF), gather signatures offline, and mail them back to us for collection.
- Ask your school, civic, business or religious organization to become a Get Real, Indiana! partner. Download the statement of support (PDF), sign it, and mail it back for membership.
- Hold a Get Real, Indiana! forum in your community. Email us for details.
- Contact us for advice, resources, and a connection to other local advocates.
Join Get Real, Indiana! Together we can ensure that Indiana students will have the knowledge they need to keep themselves healthy and safe.